Administrative Assistant Opportunity
FertilityCare Toronto is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant that would provide support to the Executive Director and the Medical Consultant. The incumbent would be responsible to ensure the efficient and timely operations of the office so as to support and enhance the work of the centre. The administrative assistant will maintain a professional image and demeanour with all employees, management, executives and visitors at all times.
The primary duties required for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Receive and screen all inbound telephone calls, e-mails, and visitors to the organization; responding to queries; refer and/or redirect calls, e-mails, or visitors as applicable.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments and travel arrangements for Executive Director and the Management team
- General administrative duties including preparing correspondence, reports, documents, photocopying, printing, mail, courier, filing, scanning documents, ordering office and medical supplies, etc.
- Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Schedule and confirm patient appointments / tests / follow-ups and manage physician schedules.
- Fax and / or mail referral documents and letters as required. Manage and follow up on referrals sent.
- Update and maintain electronic medical record.
- Prepare examination rooms with the necessary supplies and equipment.
Qualifications and Skills:
- College diploma or equivalent and a minimum of three (3) years of experience in office administration
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel), file maintenance.
- The ability to exercise good judgment and use discretion when necessary.
- Professional, polished appearance is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with patients and colleagues.
- Ability to function within an interdisciplinary team.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and keen attention to details.
- Ability to develop spreadsheets, databases, and do word processing.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Strong knowledge of office procedures and practices.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Good time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
- Problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Excellent internal and external customer service skills.
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Strong morals and ethics, along with a commitment to patient privacy.
Candidates are invited to indicate their interest in this position by sending a resume and cover letter by August 1, 2014 to email@example.com. Only successful applicants will be contacted.