Practitioner & Instructor Education Program
- Become part of a new approach to women’s health care and family planning by joining the FertilityCare team.
- Help women and couples to know more about their bodies and their health.
- Feel good about the work you do!
- Build families, one couple at a time!
- Support women as they choose to learn an ethical, effective, evidenced based system.
Upcoming Session Dates
Educational Phase I: May 6 – 13, 2017 Calgary, Alberta
Educational Phase II: November 2017 – Calgary, Alberta
Education Phase I: TBD Fall 2017 – Toronto, ON
- Program Purpose & Design
- Applicant Eligibility
- Education Phase I
- Supervised Practicum I
- Education Phase II
- Supervised Practicum II
- Final Certificate Examination
The program is a 13 month course of study incorporating classroom instruction and supervised teaching experience.
- Registered nurses with current licenses
- Allied Health Professionals with BA or BS degree in:
- Health or Basic Sciences
- Behavioral Sciences
- Other non-health fields on individual basis
- Associate Degree/Diploma such as:
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Human Services Practitioner
- Equivalent of two years college study
Further criteria requires applicant to practice a Natural System of Family Planning or, if celibate, monitor their fertility and be a philosophical acceptor of Natural Systems of Family Planning . This program recognizes that human sexuality is a function of the whole person and not just a function of its parts. It further recognizes the scriptural notation that we are “created in the image and likeness of God” and that such a philosophical principle ultimately dictates the approach to the human person who will come under the care of the Creighton Model FertilityCare Professional.
- History of Natural Fertility Regulation
- Anatomy of Male & Female Reproductive System
- The Menstrual Cycle, Statistical parameters
- Anovulation and oligoovulation
- The Physiology of the Cervix
- The Beginnings of Human Life
- The Physiology of Breastfeeding
- The Natural Methods of Fertility Regulation
- Investigation and Care of the Infertile Couple
- Teaching Fertility Appreciation
- Methods of Artificial Contraception
- Induced Abortion
- Use Effectiveness of Natural and Artificial Methods of Family Planning
- Psycho-dynamics of Natural Fertility Regulation
- Philosophical Attitudes on Family life, Family Planning and Unplanned Pregnancy
- Human Sexuality, Married Love and NFP
- The Importance of Standardized Teaching
- How to Conduct an Introductory Session, Follow-up & Pregnancy Evaluation
- Forms for Record Keeping and Standardized Teaching • Business Aspects of NFP
- Case Management Approach to Problem solving
- An Introduction to NaProTechnology
- Presentation of Introductory Session
- Conduct and Techniques of Follow-up
- Basic Case Management & Evaluation
- Management of Infertility, Chronic Discharges, Unusual Bleeding and PMS
- Advanced Behavioral Issues
- Principles and Conduct of Pregnancy Evaluation
- Advanced Case Management, etc.
- Advanced Business Aspects
Please Note: Any Practitioner or Center must become an affiliate or be a participant in an affiliated program of FertilityCare Centers of America to order CREIGHTON MODEL teaching materials for client instruction.
The terms NaProTechnology (Natural Procreative Technology) & FertilityCare are trademarks of the Creighton Model.