PRACTITIONER & INSTRUCTOR PROGRAM
- Become part of a new approach to women’s health care and family planning by joining the FertilityCare team.
- Help women and couples to know more about their bodies and their health.
- Build families, one couple at a time!
- Support women as they choose to learn an ethical, effective, evidenced based system.
- Feel good about the work you do!
Upcoming Session Dates
Education Phase I: Toronto September 16 – 23, 2017
Education Phase II: Toronto Spring 2018
Program Purpose & Design
The Practitioner and Instructor Program is accredited by the American Academy of FertilityCare Professionals. It provides students the educational background to become eligible for certification by the American Academy of FertilityCare Professionals. The program equips registrants with the skills to prepare couples or individuals to deliver Creighton Model FertilityCare System services of the highest quality and a means to obtain certification by the American Academy of FertilityCare Professionals (www.AAFCP.org). The program is a 13-month course incorporating classroom instruction and supervised teaching experience.
The program welcomes applications who have strong motivation and are committed to the very highest quality educational services in Natural Fertility Regulation and FertilityCare. Those eligible are:
• Registered nurses with current licenses
• Allied Health Professionals with BA or BS degree in:
• Health or Basic Sciences
• Behavioral Sciences
• Other non-health fields on an individual basis
• Associate Degree/Diploma such as:
• Licensed Practical Nurse
• Human Services Practitioner
• Equivalent of two years college study
In addition, applicants are required to practice a Natural System of Family Planning themselves or, if celibate, monitor their fertility using Natural Systems of Family Planning.
Education Phase I
An eight day total immersion course covering:
• History of Natural Fertility Regulation
• Anatomy of Male & Female Reproductive System
• The Menstrual Cycle, Statistical Parameters
• Anovulation and Oligoovulation
• The Physiology of the Cervix
• The Beginnings of Human Life
• The Physiology of Breastfeeding
• The Natural Methods of Fertility Regulation
• Investigation and Care of the Infertile Couple
• Teaching Fertility Appreciation
• Methods of Artificial Contraception
• Induced Abortion
• Effectiveness of Natural and Artificial Methods of Family Planning
• Psycho-dynamics of Natural Fertility Regulation
• Philosophical Attitudes on Family Life, Family Planning and Unplanned Pregnancy
• Human Sexuality, Married Love and Natural Fertility Planning
• The Importance of Standardized Teaching
• How to Conduct an Introductory Session, Follow-up & Pregnancy Evaluation
• Forms for Record Keeping and Standardized Teaching
• Business Aspects of Natural Fertility Planning
• Case Management Approach to Problem Solving
• An Introduction to NaProTechnology
Supervised Practicum I
A six-month faculty supervised teaching experience at the student’s home/geographic location to develop basic skills of:
• Presentation of Introductory Session
• Conduct and Techniques of Follow-up
• Basic Case Management & Evaluation
Education Phase II
A six-day course of advanced study consisting of lectures, group discussions and hands-on problem solving of advanced aspects of teaching the Creighton Model FertilityCare System.
• Management of Infertility, Chronic Discharges, Unusual Bleeding and Pre-Menstrual Syndrome
• Advanced Behavioral Issues
• Principles and Conduct of Pregnancy Evaluation
• Advanced Case Management, etc.
• Advanced Business Aspects
Supervised Practicum II
Seven months in duration, this faculty supervised teaching experience includes the onsite visitation to observe conduct of Introductory Session, Follow-up and Comprehensive Case Review.
Final Certificate Examination
All students are required to take a professionally administered final examination, proctored at the student’s home location. Please Note: Any Practitioner or Center must become an affiliate or be a participant in an affiliated program of FertilityCare Centers of America to order Creighton Model teaching materials for client instruction.
This program has received accreditation by the American Academy of FertilityCare Professionals. It provides students the educational background to become eligible for certification by the American Academy of FertilityCare Professionals.
*The terms NaProTechnology (Natural Procreative Technology) & FertilityCare are trademarks of the Creighton Model.