At FertilityCare Toronto, we are dedicated to a total-health approach to fertility and wellness. We seek to discover the underlying factors that negatively affect a woman’s health and fertility. One of the conditions FertilityCare Toronto frequently diagnoses and treats is Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or PCOS, a leading endocrine (hormone) disorder amongst women in their reproductive years. PCOS symptoms can develop gradually over time, often to the confusion of sufferers. Often, the hormone changes that lead to PCOS begin in young adulthood, but sometimes are only evident after a significant weight gain.
What are the symptoms of PCOS?
- Few or no menstrual periods
- Heavy, irregular vaginal bleeding
- Hair loss from the scalp and hair growth (hirsutism) on the face, chest, back, stomach, thumbs, or toes
- Acne and oily skin, caused by high androgen levels
- Depression or mood swings
- Weight gain or upper body obesity (more around the abdomen than the hips)
- Inability to become pregnant (infertility)
- Insulin resistance
- Repeat miscarriages
- Male-pattern baldness or thinning hair (alopecia)
FertilityCare Toronto has great success in diagnosing and treating PCOS. Our methods are rooted in the detection of menstrual irregularities through our charting system, and hormonal profiling through NaProTECHNOLOGY. Read Maria & Michael’s success story to see how we solved Maria’s years of undiagnosed PCOS and suffering.
Eager to learn more? Sign-up for an Introductory Session to see how FertilityCare Toronto can restore your hormonal balance and treat PCOS.